So, I’ve been trying to do better about eating better. It’s hard for me. I hate water, I don’t care much for salad, and keeping fresh fruits and veggies at my house is really hard because there is NO where to put them! Plus, getting my boyfriend to eat them is kind of a nightmare, he’s like a four year old. But, I’ve started infusing my water with grapefruit and lemon, sometimes I add a little something extra, today I actually have peach in there as well.
It’s also kind of cleansing, and it gives me a nice kick of vitamins. And makes water just bearable enough to drink 2 or 3 of these mason jars a day. It’s hard…But I’ve been managing.
My original idea this was was more beachy than fall…y. I had envisioned Mai Tai’s on the beach with some pineapple and cherry hunks inside. YUM! Well, I couldn’t find anything pineapple jello, which I thought would give a great kick of pineapple flavor. I have pineapple extract, but it just wasn’t the direction I wanted to go in, so I figured it was God telling me to make something else! So, after my step-daughter’s constant (and quite frankly annoying) demands for hot chocolate yesterday (it was like 60 degrees!) I decided first, it was time for a nap between her and my three nephews I was dragging. No one got enough sleep the night before and everyone was acting out, so quiet time it was! And I made some hot chocolate cupcakes for after nap snack.
They were pretty cute. I sprinkled on some of those tiny freeze dried marshmallows for a topper. Who doesn’t love mini marshmallows in their hot cocoa?
The recipe is pretty basic, almost like a regular chocolate cupcake, with a special added ingredient of hot cocoa!
Hot Chocolate Cupcakes Cupcakes:
Yields 12 cupcakes. Prep time: 15 minutes Bake time: 10-15 minutes. Total time: 25-30 minutes.
½ cup of oil
¼ cup of cocoa (the regular baking kind!)
½ cup of hot chocolate mix
¼ cup of sugar
1 ¼ cups of flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of baking soda
½ cup of milk
1 cup (2 sticks) of butter, room temperature
8 oz of marshmallow cream
½ cups of powdered sugar
¼ cup of hot chocolate mix
If too thick, add up to one tablespoon of milk.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line 12 muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Add all ingredients together and mix until well combined.
- Pour into prepared muffin tin and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting!
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or with your hand mixer, beat the butter until light and fluffy.
- Add in the marshmallow cream.
- Add in the powdered sugar while beating slowly.
- Add in the hot chocolate mix.
- Frost! You can add mini marshmallows as a garnish or just eat as is!